Can I bring my pet?

Sure, you can bring your pet. It needs an EU passport to certify that the animal is vaccinated and carries an ISO microchip. Dogs, cats and ferrets must be vaccinated against rabies. Note that a border crossing is only possible 21 days after the first vaccination. Puppies can only cross borders after the age of 15 weeks. 5 animals per person may be brought, yet not for trading issues. Rabbits do not need an EU passport. Other animals, such as horses, donkeys, bees, bumblebees, zebras, parrots and parakeets - need a health certificate.  

Dogs of following race, as well as their crossbreeds, are declared “dangerous” in Germany and may only be transferred to Germany under special allowances: pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire-Terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, bull terrier.  

For the keeping of dogs, a tax will be raised in Görlitz and Zgorzelec. Please let your animal be registered within 14 days in Görlitz at Untermarkt 17/18 or in Zgorzelec, when moving there, at Ulica Domańskiego 7. You need all required certificates and EU passport for the dog. 

Information for the registration of dogs in Görlitz



This project has received funding from tax resources on the basis of the budget adopted by the members of the Parliament of the Free State of Saxony.

Nota prawa Privacy policy Button - Nach oben scrollen Button - Nach oben scrollen