Who can organise my staying in Görlitz-Zgorzelec?

You will organise your stay in Görlitz. This site provides pieces of advice for who to contact to obtain information and support with job search, housing issues, language training and administrational concerns. 

Can I just come to Görlitz-Zgorzelec and search for jobs there?

Yes, you can. There are many hotels and places to rent in Görlitz. Yet, take into consideration that your search for a suitable job can take some time. But, since the housing market in Görlitz is vey diverse, we suggest renting a place, as you find a job.

Who will finance me during my job search?

The social security from the EU-country of your former residence remains responsible for you. Services may be available for 3 or up to 6 months, depending on the country. (...)

Can I work in Görlitz without German language skills?

When starting a job in Görlitz, it is suggested to have adequate German skills. Some bigger companies support their employees during their start with language training and further offers. (...)

What has to be considered with recognition of professional degrees?

Some professions may require recognised degrees before starting a job. Those professions may also include an official exam or a registration at a professional association before starting the job. See more on the database to find out what professions underlie those requirements. (...)

Will my children get along with the language in Görlitz?

One special situation in Görlitz-Zgorzelec is the variety of bilingual kindergarten and schools. Many children attend institutions on the other side of town or use free-time offers. Usually, children may learn languages of their surrounding very quickly, yet in school, lacking language skills can cause problems. You can support your children with learning German before they attend school.  (...)

Is my health insurance covered when I come to Görlitz?

Yes. You continue to be covered by your current health insurance, until you start a new job and register at a German health insurance company. The payments and recompense of an unwilling health insurance coverage can be simplified by the presentation of your European health insurance card. Further information can be found on the European Info-Portal.  (...)

How can I transfer money to Görlitz?

As EU citizen, you can easily open a private bank account in Görlitz or Zgorzelec. For this, you need a valid passport. (...)

Can I relocate my company to be seated in Görlitz?

Yes. The promotion of trade and industry in the Europastadt GörlitzZgorzelec GmbH supports you with formalities. Some professions may require a recognized specialist or master craftsmen certificate. (...)

Do I need a work permit?

Citizens with the nationality of an EU member state and from other countries, who already possess a working permit for the EU resp. a residence authorisation, are free to choose to live and work in Görlitz. (...)

How can I organise the move?

First, you have to search for a moving company experienced with international moving. Before packing your belongings to move, please check all your necessary papers. Check whether your passport, ID, drivers’ license and health insurance card are still valid. (...)

Can I bring my pet?

Sure, you can bring your pet. It needs an EU passport to certify that the animal is vaccinated and carries an ISO microchip. Dogs, cats and ferrets must be vaccinated against rabies. (...)

Imprint Data Protection Button - Nach oben scrollen Button - Nach oben scrollen